Welcome!

This is my little space to share my ramblings and musings on photography.

If you're coming over from Ken Rockwell's page and eager to see the cameraphone pics, they're here. Click on the picture to view a larger version. Below the page is a series of boxed numbers with (previous) and (next) navigation markers on each side. Just click on these numbers to view more photos.

The cameraphone pics have been shot using a variety of devices. The older shots are from Palm Zire 71 0.3 megapixel (VGA 640x480) PDA. I now use either a Nokia 3110 classic 1.3 megapixel cameraphone, or a Nokia 2630 0.3 megapixel cameraphone.

My main camera is a Canon Powershot A590IS

I sometimes use a Nikon Pronea S Advantix-format SLR film camera.

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

downpour



Below is the original image. Shooting with a low-resolution, fixed-focus cameraphone can be challenging, and you always hit the limitations of the camera hardware. These limitations introduces many problems to the image, problems that weren't there during the actual shoot.


You can see that the foreground looks muted, the colors are dull, the overall view has a nasty, grey sheen that clouds the whole image. So I fiddled with autoexposure, contrast, shadows and highlights settings in ACDSee Pro Photo Manager 2.5, the image viewer/editor that I frequently use. I will later post in this blog what I did in ACDSee.

4 comments:

shengmarie said...

Lovely pic, i have been wanting to comment on the flickr posts, just too busy to sign in.

Michael Peligro said...

Thank you very much for the comment. I understand that you're very busy and I really appreciate the time you took to stumble by this blog. GOD bless... :-)

Edward Quilo said...

amazing improvement on the picture quality. I wish I could take pictures as great as this on my 3120 camera phone.

shengmarie said...

hey, no new post still? busybee? Hi Mike!